Call for Abstracts – FAWQC Annual Conference
The Florida Association for Water Quality Control, Inc. (FAWQC) is now accepting abstracts for presentations at its Annual Conference to be held June 12-14, 2019, at the Naples Grande Beach Resort in Naples, Florida. This year, the membership selected a Conference theme of “Falling Rains |Rising Tides
FAWQC brings together engineers and scientists from the public sector and industry to share and advance best practices, learn about future opportunities, and connect with colleagues regarding critical Florida water issues. Our organization consists of environmental professionals whose goals are to manage, improve, and protect the quality of Florida’s waters. Aside from an informative technical agenda, the annual conference raises funds for FAWQC’s Environmental Education (E2) Endowment Fund. Last year, FAWQC gave over $11,000 in grants to schools to fund science education.
The technical agenda committee will consider abstracts for presentations that are related to the conference theme and/or on the following topics:
- Water resources or other environmental issues facing the electric utility sector “
- Water resources or other environmental issues facing the mining and mineral industries
- Water resources or other environmental issues facing the agriculture industry
- Florida water reuse initiatives
- State or federal environmental regulatory rulemaking
- Environmental enforcement initiatives (local, state, and federal)
- Water management or other environmental issues related to disaster preparedness or response
- Water management issues related to Climate Change or sea level rise
Submit the abstract file via e-mail to FAWQC at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2019. All abstracts will be peer reviewed and appropriate notifications will be sent once the acceptance decisions are made. Final presentations should be submitted in MS PowerPoint.
Prospective presenters should include the following information:
SUGGESTED SESSION (See session list above)
TOPIC PREVIOUSLY PRESENTED – Yes/No. If yes, please provide the location and date.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Full Name, Job Title, Company Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Email Address, Phone Number
ABSTRACT (400 words)
BIOGRAPHY including qualifying expertise for the subject (100 words)
Conference Info: Click Here for More Information
Date: 6/12/2019 1:00 PM EDT – 6/14/2019 12:00 PM EDT
Naples Grande Beach Resort
475 Seagate Drive
Naples, Florida 34103