Call for Abstracts – FAWQC Annual Conference
The call for abstracts period is now over for the 2017 Annual Conference. Please consider submitting for our 2018 Conference.
FAWQC brings together engineers and scientists from the public sector and industry to share and advance best practices, learn about future opportunities, and connect with colleagues regarding critical Florida water issues. Our organization consists of professional’s whose goals are to manage, improve, and protect the quality of Florida’s waters. Aside from an informative technical agenda, the annual conference raises funds for FAWQC’s Environmental Education (E2) Endowment Fund. Last year, FAWQC gave over $11,000 in grants to schools to fund science education. Since 2011, FAWQC has given over $60,000 in grants to Florida schools.
The technical agenda committee will consider abstracts for presentations that are related to the conference theme and/or on the following topics:
- Water resources or other environmental issues facing the electric utility sector
- Water resources or other environmental issues facing the mining and mineral industries
- Water resources or other environmental issues facing the agriculture industry
- Water resources or other environmental issues facing Florida ports
- Emerging or innovative technologies in water treatment and management
- Florida water supply/reuse initiatives
- Springs Management; aquifer contamination and remediation
- Innovation & emerging technology toward sustainable solutions
- State or federal environmental regulatory rulemaking
- Environmental enforcement initiatives (local, state, and federal)
- Water management issues related to disaster preparedness or response
- Solid and hazardous waste management
- Water management issues related to Climate Change
- National and international water resources issues
Call for Abstracts Details
- Deadline for Abstract Submittal: March 3, 2017
- Notice of Selection: April 7, 2017
- Final Speaker Bios: April 21, 2017
- Final Presentation Submittal: May 26, 2017
Abstracts will be selected based on the relevance and timeliness of the topic, technical complexity, and its support of the target session. Abstracts advancing the knowledge and understanding of the subject matter will be given the highest consideration. Title the file as “AUTHORS LAST NAME-PAPER TITLE.pdf” and submit the abstract file via e-mail to FAWQC at email@example.com by March 3, 2017. All abstracts will be peer reviewed and appropriate notifications will be sent once the acceptance decisions are made. Final presentations should be submitted in MS PowerPoint.
Prospective presenters should include the following information:
- PRESENTATION TITLE
- SUGGESTED SESSION (See session list above)
- TOPIC PREVIOUSLY PRESENTED – Yes/No. If yes, please provide the location and date.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: Full Name, Job Title, Company Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Email Address, Phone Number
- ABSTRACT (400 words)
- BIOGRAPHY including qualifying expertise for the subject (100 words)
2017 Annual Conference Info:
Click Here for More Information
Date: 6/14/2017 – 6/16/2017
Naples Grande Beach Resort
475 Seagate Drive
Naples, Florida 34103
Please let us know if you have any questions.
P.O. Box 89517
Tampa, Florida 33689