Call for Abstracts – FAWQC Annual Conference
FAWQC is now accepting abstracts for presentations at its Annual Conference to be held June 14-16, 2023 at the Naples Grande Beach Resort in Naples, Florida. This year, the membership selected a conference theme of Liquid Assets.
FAWQC brings together engineers, scientists and attorneys from the public sector and industry to share and advance best practices, learn about future opportunities, and connect with colleagues regarding critical Florida water issues. Our organization consists of environmental professionals whose goals are to manage, improve, and protect the quality of Florida’s waters. Aside from an informative technical agenda, the annual conference raises funds for FAWQC’s Environmental Education (E2) Endowment Fund. FAWQC has given almost $140,000 in grants to schools to fund science education.
The technical agenda committee will consider abstracts for presentations that are related to the conference theme and/or on the following topics:
- Water resources or other environmental issues facing the electric utility sector
- Water resources or other environmental issues facing the mining and mineral industries
- Water resources or other environmental issues facing the agriculture industry
- Issues relating to stormwater management and nutrient reduction
- State or federal environmental regulatory rulemaking
- Environmental enforcement initiatives (local, state, and federal)
- Water management or other environmental issues related to hurricane preparedness and response
- Water management issues related to climate change or sea level rise
Call for Abstracts Details
- Deadline for Abstract Submittal: April 1, 2023
- Notice of Selection: April 15, 2023
- Final Speaker Bios: May 12, 2023
- Final Presentation Submittal: May 26, 2023
Abstracts will be selected based on the relevance and timeliness of the topic, technical complexity, and its support of the target session. Abstracts advancing the knowledge and understanding of the subject matter will be given the highest consideration. Title the file as “AUTHORS LAST NAME-PAPER TITLE.pdf” and submit the abstract file via e-mail to FAWQC at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2023. All abstracts will be peer reviewed and appropriate notifications will be sent once the acceptance decisions are made. Final presentations should be submitted in MS PowerPoint.
Prospective presenters should include the following information:
- PRESENTATION TITLE
- SUGGESTED SESSION (See session list above)
- HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY PRESENTED THIS TOPIC? – Yes/No. If yes, please provide the location and date.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: Full Name, Job Title, Company Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Email Address, Phone Number
- ABSTRACT (400 words)
- BIOGRAPHY including qualifying expertise for the subject (100 words)